Form to Mail
Dreamweaver Extension for MX, DW8, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, ...
Form2Mail is a Dreamweaver extension for Adobe Dreamweaver MX or later, which allows to email every field of a form filled by the user along with other data that help you to know more about the user and allow to offer a better technical support and give a more personalized answer.
Form2Mail allows to capture information sent by users from your website in a simple way, with no database requirements and without any coding to process every form. Simply a couple of clicks in your Dreamweaver and the form data will be formated automatically and sent by email... even the attachments!
The data sent by email are the following:
- All the fields entered by the user in a form.
- If user uploads a file, it is sent along as an attachment.
- User's country
- User's IP address
- Browser used at the moment of sending the form
- Page address where the form is located
- Server date and time
- User agent details, as declared by user's browser
Note: All these data are detected automatically, including the form fields and attached files.
Requirements:Form2Mail's requirements are simple:
- Adobe Dreamweaver MX or later versions (including MX 2004, DW 8, DW CS3, DW CS4, DW CS5, DW CS6, DW CC...).
- Web Server must support PHP Scripts.
Note:Most PHP servers limit the file uploads to 2 MB max. The total size of the attached files can't exceed the server maximum upload restriction.
Note: Max upload size is 2Mb.
Please, check this Form2Mail Demo (Animated Flash/Video)Visual Guide:
You can find more about in our Form to Mail - FAQ.
HotDreamweaver Form2Mail is distributed as an extension for Adobe Dreamweaver MX or later, packed as a file named HDW_Form2Mail.mxp. To install, you simply need to execute that file, or use the Adobe Extension Manager tool.
Once installed , the HotDreamweaver Form2Mail extension can be accessed - after restarting Dreamweaver - through the option menu "Commands > Insert Form2Mail"
To use HotDreamweaver Form2Mail extension on a webpage being developed with Adobe Dreamweaver MX or later, you first need to save the webpage where HotDreamweaver Form2Mail will be used.
Once executed "Insert Form2Mail" - which can be accessed as explained under Installation - a setup window will be shown, where you can define the options necessary for the correct functioning of Form2Mail.
Fig.1 - Form to Mail insertion
The fields of the Setup Window (fig. 1) are as follows:
- Email: Enter the email address where all the form data will be sent to.
- Return URL (OK, sent): Enter the web address of the page where you want your user to go after submitting the form, if the email was sent correctly. Usually it is the Confirmation Page for the user.
- Return URL (Error, Not sent): Enter the web address of the page where the user will be redirected if the form couldn't be sent properly or if the form was not filled correctly or fully. The most common mistakes are the destination address being incorrect (the one entered in the first field) or that the email server being down at the moment.
Note: If the form emails do not arrive, it is usually due to a filter in your email server. In this case you can place the address from which the emails are being sent into your Address Book, or add it into the trusted mail list (if your email server uses this method), to avoid being classified as spam.
Note for GoDaddy Users: You can use this Form2Mail (PHP based) in Linux/Unix hosting accounts. For Windows hosting accounts please use the ASP Form2Mail version.
|Paypal or Credit Cards:||
After payment you will be redirected to a direct-download page and the download link will be emailed to the payment address.